We are on the lookout for our next engineer! Come and join our team.
A bit about us
Our mission is to build the best team and process to guide and support enterprises and start-ups alike in their adoption of Kubernetes. Our deep understanding and real-world experience in a variety of environments (cloud and on-premises), enables us to accelerate customer projects and provide them with confidence in their operations.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team and make a difference to our customers in their journey to adopting Kubernetes and cloud native technologies. With experience of both front and back end programming, you will help us design and scale a number of Jetstack properties and products. You will work in a cross functional team, along side our Product Owners and Jetstack’s co-founders to bring products to market.
The points below are not a checklist for the role but rather a selection of skills we think would help you get up and running quickly.
- Building server side applications or services (REST/GraphQL, API design)
- Experience of modern frontend tools such as React
- Good working knowledge of programming languages such as Go and Python
- Use of container based deployment solutions (Kubernetes, Docker), nice to have
- Automated testing and working with CI/CD
- Good working knowledge of public cloud product offerings (especially GCP)
What are we looking for
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is part of the day to day
- Someone interested in helping Jetstack grow as a business and working collaboratively as part of a team
- A sense of ownership and customer responsibility
- Excellent attention to detail and a determination to follow problems through
- Desire to continually learn and remain up-to-date with the ecosystem developments
What to expect next
- An introductory phone call is usually how we kick off the process
- A short take home exercise, followed by a face-to-face/ video technical interview with members of the team
- To wrap things up, a conversation with our CEO/CTO
We are a group of open-minded people who care about the service we provide to our customers, the impact we have on the open source community and how we work better together. We have a diverse team who thrives on interesting projects, resolving real life complex issues and giving back to the community. If you’re as interested in learning and developing as we are then please do contact us and apply.
We have a flexible work policy and this role is for both candidates interested in working in our UK offices or remote. As part of our culture we like to bring the whole team together a few times a year - because of this, our recruitment is currently limited to the UK & Europe.