Join us as a Customer Reliability Engineer!
Our Customer Reliability Engineers (CRE) provide pro-active support and maintenance to Jetstack customers. These customers now increasingly use Kubernetes as a platform for their highly-scalable, user-facing workloads, and uptime and performance is critical. With an in-depth understanding of Kubernetes cluster internals, we provide the safe pair of hands and confidence to ensure that that customers’ clusters are robust, efficient and scalable. CREs are a point of contact and seek pragmatic resolutions to complex systems issues, working closely with customers and internal teams.
You will join our team of talented engineers who live and breathe Kubernetes and will focus on platform reliability and building a close working relationship with our customers through training, consulting and support.
You can read more about this exciting role on our blog.
The points below are not a checklist for the role, but more a guide to what we look for.
- Python / Ruby / C/C++ and/or Go (ideal)
- Cloud technology (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc)
- Strong Linux systems programming (i.e. shell, Bash scripting, etc)
- Strong understanding of Linux networking and containers
- Git source control
- CI/CD (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins etc)
We look for
- Passion for customer work and a desire to build strong relationships
- A sense of ownership and customer responsibility and a keenness to always look for ways to improve our service
- Strong ability to focus and work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging complex technical issues
- Ability to adapt to circumstance and respond with urgency and pragmatism
- Ability and desire to continually learn, be part of the open-source community and remain up-to-date with ecosystem developments
Contact email@example.com to find out more and apply.
What to expect next
- An introductory phone call is usually how we kick off the process
- A face-to-face or video interview with members of the team
- To wrap things up, a conversation with the hiring manager
We are a group of open minded people who care about the service we provide to our customers and the impact we leave on the open source community. We have a diverse team who thrives on interesting projects, resolving real life complex issues and giving back to the community. Learning and developing is at the core of what we do, and if this is what you’re interested in then do reach out!